. | Newbie Questions | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
March 25, 2010
8:36 am
Rob Chalcraft
Members
Forum Posts: 11
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
825sp_Permalink sp_Print

i suppose the other options proberly depends on how much money his / her new venture would cost on what they want to do, and the giro isnt that much ( hence proberly the kit of ebay was an option)
i think its proberly a ?60 venture top whack

I notice faggot deleated his/her origional post pmsl, that started the thread lol

March 24, 2010
10:17 pm
Terry Stafford
Members
Forum Posts: 32
823sp_Permalink sp_Print

ah it dont matter though remember, he/she has other options to fall back on, lol

Terry
March 24, 2010
1:38 pm
Slapbasswoody
Members
Forum Posts: 56
820sp_Permalink sp_Print

Looks like he will be doing some more Wonderfull World Wide research then.
I just hope that he also takes your advice seriously and works hard for what he wants (If he really knows what he wants)

March 22, 2010
9:09 pm
Terry Stafford
Members
818sp_Permalink sp_Print

aha well i expected a better more adult come back than they gave there, seems we can suss these idiots out real quick now, lol

Terry
March 22, 2010
5:53 pm
Rob Chalcraft
Members
817sp_Permalink sp_Print

well said terry, saved me writing it m8,

March 22, 2010
11:46 am
Faggot
Members
Forum Posts: 2
816sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok, that's fair enough.
I'll go elsewhere.

March 21, 2010
11:49 pm
Terry Stafford
Members
815sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m thinking about buying a starter kit. I’ve done my research and am still enthusiastic. I plan to go ahead and practice on objects, and then friends when they are confidant with my skills, if I still feel comfortable with tattooing as an option.

what research did you do???? anyone with any decent info would tell you to stay clear of starter kits for a start, practice on objects???? what objects, this isnt something we practice, we learn the trade then go from there, theres no tattooing skin until you know a lot of stuff which you've been taught, and not grabbed for free off the web, do you see dentistry kits, brain surgery kits, do you see these proffessions working from home at thier kitchen table?????? no, theres a reason for that, and i dont have to explain it, for some reason though, we have to explain why we dont like tattoo kits and people tattooing at thier kitchen table, this is why you get so many people questioning why you want to enter the trade, just because your an artist dont mean anything, i hate art, art in my eyes if the furthest thing from tattooing, art is an expression of yourself, tattooing is an expression of someone else, we are just the guys who put what that person wants on thier body, in a clean proffessional way, to state that you want to put your own artwork on someone before you even know the basics makes a lot of folk dubious to your intentions, and makes you look like your up your own arse, no offense!

the part of the quote above...." if I still feel comfortable with tattooing as an option ", just sounds willy nilly to me, like yeah if im no good then fuck it, ill go do another project, we take our trade very seriously, and when we are bombarded with tattoo tv shows and reality tattoo shit, and every tom dick and harry opening up after theyve tattooed for a week from home and ruining people to boost thier shitty little egos, then when fashion fades, they move on to something else, we kind of get disheartened when someone comes on one of these forums with a statement like you posted," im thinking of buying a kit ".....go find an apprenticeship with someone whos work and quality and ethics you like, then after 2 yrs of learning or however long, you'll get the same question you asked, asked to you, and you WILL come back with the same shit you get from us or from any other forum you go on.

internet learning is lazy and shows no effort for anyone to give you any serious consideration or any information what so ever!

Terry
March 21, 2010
11:11 pm
Faggot
Members
814sp_Permalink sp_Print

What makes you think that, exactly? (not a rhetorical question, I'd genuinely like to hear an answer)
You've jumped to a ridiculous conclusion.
I'm not the kind of dipshit that watches something on television and thinks that's how things are, never mind thinking I can actually do it.

I don't understand why people think that to do something, you have to have wanted it forever.
Drawing and painting has always been my life passion, so it isn't as if I've suddenly decided it's something I'd like to do.
I've always been interested in tattooing, but never had the self-confidence to even consider my own work being permanently put onto someone else's skin.
That's why I've never looked into it further.

Next time (if there is one), maybe try finding out why someone is interested, instead of shooting them down.

March 21, 2010
9:11 pm
Rob Chalcraft
Members
813sp_Permalink sp_Print

tattooing is a passion that some one has always wanted to, and not some one who watched miami ink and thought id have a go at that

March 13, 2010
12:05 pm
Faggot
Members

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 11

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

lioneladmin: 186

fongy: 90

Lewis: 58

Slapbasswoody: 56

Terry Stafford: 32

framey: 31

ccbloom: 27

theblackline: 20

kinger: 16

paulsayce: 16

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 381

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 21

Topics: 334

Newest Members:

AlfredRigugocobux, surrogacy.in.russia.88health.ru, Danieldit, KevinMor, Raympoxax, ivf.in.russia.88health.ru, Emilipheyi, Koalkinayxa, Ezhbijuide, KosTARyaS

Administrators: admin: 1